Monday 21 December 2015

Promo swapping - indy authors helping each other

It's funny i've never really got along well with other writers. I've been to a few meet up groups for this kind of thing when starting out and honestly i fucking hate people giving me opinions on my work, who haven't actually bought it. I never really though i'd get to the point where i would have mates who we're also doing what i'm doing. People who know what i am sayiung when i'm discussing if ingram or KDP is better.

So my friend Caz has brought out a great book called ''Creeping Shadow' and it's been awesome for me because she has done it though KDP, done her free days and done her print book through create space. Where as i use Ingram mostly and KDP only for the first book, so i can do free days when the second book is out.

So i was thinking of how my first book got around 4k downloads and a lot of my readers would like her stuff too, I could blog about her book but no one reads my blog, but 4,000 people did read my book. So i've re-released my book and now on the very back page it has a promo for hers, and another guy i like called Micheal DeAngelo. It's a test. I want to see if indy authors could put in promos of others work and do a kind of swap and thus get more sales. If it works i'll let you know. Also make sure if you want to do this, you get an Amazon Affilates account, so you get 8% on any sale you refer to them! helping has perks!

If you're a writer in a similar dark vein as me and want to do a possible promo swap, get in touch, my second book comes out in a few days.




No comments:

Post a Comment